You are Invited to a Free Introductory Workshop for The Nature of Science & Science in Nature A 6 session professional development course offered this January Thursday, January 22nd 4:00 – 5:00 P.M. NJ Audubon Plainsboro Preserve Nature Center, 80 Scotts Corner Road, Cranbury, NJ 08512
During this Introductory Session you will:
- Meet with Johanna T. Ohlmeyer, PhD., Professor at Columbia University Teachers College, scientist at the American Museum of Natural History, and founder of theowletscience.org
- Walk through a complete sample lesson plan that can be used in the classroom.
- Learn more about bringing the science of the natural world into the classroom.
- Explore ways to bring the nature of science into outdoor experience with your students.
- Discover how this course will connect you directly with scientists and current scientific developments as they relate to the natural world.
The Nature of Science & Science in Nature course is a 12 session hybrid course framework, with in person sessions at New Jersey Audubon’s Plainsboro Preserve and online sessions through The Owlet website. Check out sample lesson plan offerings at TheOwletScience.org for a preview of the course offerings. Lesson plans support STEM and Next Generation Science Standars (NGSS) concepts and curriculum.
Attend the January 22th introductory session, and enjoy:
- Complimentary refreshments.
- 10% discount at our gift shop (come early and shop).
- Complimentary New Jersey Audubon Individual Membership for one year.