Mini-lectures explain important concepts in biology, and refocus established interpretations of past results by incorporating new scientific evidence. Participants are encouraged to comment or ask questions in the comments area below each lecture. Mini-lectures will often supplement the forum topics.
Potential future topics:
- Bacteria versus eukaryotic gene structure
- Gene regulation and epigenetics
- Bacteria and food poisoning
- Genetics and development
- Tinkering in evolution
- Great transformations during evolution
- Extinctions versus explosion: The geological approach
- Convergence in Island evolution radiation: red queen
- Bacterial control of the immune system: Eat your fiber?