You are invited to a Free Introductory Workshop for
A 14-session professional development course offered from April 7 to May 19
Thursday, March 26 4:00 – 5:00 P.M.
NJ Audubon Plainsboro Preserve Nature Center, 80 Scotts Corner Road, Cranbury, NJ 08512
During this Introductory Session you will:
- Meet with Johanna T. Ohlmeyer PhD., Professor at Columbia University Teachers College, scientist at the American Museum of Natural History, and founder of TheOwletScience.org
- Walk through a complete sample lesson plan that can be used in the classroom
- Learn more about bringing the science of the natural world into the classroom
- Explore ways to bring the nature of science into outdoor experience with your students
- Discover how this course will connect you directly with scientists and current scientific developments as they relate to the natural world.
The Nature of Science & Science in Nature course is a 14 session hybrid course framework, with in-person sessions at New Jersey Audubon’s Plainsboro Preserve and online sessions through The Owlet website. Lesson plans support STEM and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) concepts and curriculum. The proposed courses are informed by the “Conceptual Framework for K-12 Science education” put forward by the National Academy of Sciences.
Attend the March 26 introductory session, and enjoy:
- Complimentary refreshments
- 10% discount at our gift shop (come early and shop)
- Complimentary New Jersey Audubon Individual Membership for one year.